Thursday, July 20, 2006

Family

Several years my very creative,technology savvy son tried to get his mom out of the hunt and peck era and into computers with a Mac laptop. With it I learned to get and send e-mail and do a bit of searching on the web. Mostly I did genealogy and have spent a lot of time and fun researching both sides of the family. Over time the laptop and the mom grew older and slower and that led to a desktop PC. Yes, I know I was told that since I learned on a Mac I should never try the PC, but with a bit of use on a PC from a summertime job, I soon was able to not master, but use, both of them. I enjoy being able to communicate with family and friends with the computer and now------who knows! This same son has me trying my hand at cyber space in the form of a "blog!" I saw in the morning paper that there were 12 million bloggers now in the United States - wow! I still have so much to learn about this "cyber age" and wish I lived nearer both sons so they could help be out of some of the tangles I get myself in with this miraculous machine.

After medical reports in January that hinted of the big "C" word, and was later confirmed, I began a journal to help me through the rough parts of thinking ahead of a life without my dearest partner in life. With chemo that time is put on hold for now. I know this will not be a cure but perhaps will give us more wonderful years than I had dared hoped for in January. This "blog" perhaps will be therapeutic as well.

With the genealogy searches I have done I have found some interesting stories of our families histories and would like to record them for our two sons to know and perhaps keep in their memories. Who knows maybe this old dog can learn new tricks!

No comments: