Sunday, September 19, 2010

Uncle Mack Martin


Yes, this is Uncle Mack Martin. Sometime ago I wrote "Who is Uncle Mack", wondering the connection in the family. This is the second of the two pictures found on which, 'Uncle Mack Martin' was written. Recent searching has located more history of the Martin's and added another "Great" to the family tree.

Grandpa Martin's father was Joseph Merida Martin; Joseph's father was James Martin; and recently have found that James' father was Samuel James Martin (1795-1850).

Samuel James Martin was married to Susannah Francis (1799-1870) and together they had nine children. Among them were James Martin, (1824-1886) and Malachai Francis Martin (1827--) Malachai was born in Barron Co., Kentucy, married Elizabeth Bradshaw and they had 6 children. I don't have a death date for Malachai but he was living with his son, Samuel, in the 1910 census for Green, Hickory Co, MO and was listed as a widower at 83 years of age.

I keep hunting and the results are fun. More stories keep coming so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey really nice website, I noticed your website when doing study on some methods to develop my web log. I was simply inquiring which spam software system you use for comments as I get tons on my site.
I never comment on blogs, but this one is awesome! Thanks.